Wednesday 16 May 2018

Interview with Tim Spriggs

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??

I grew up in a small town, Halls Gap has a population of around 600 people. I think being creative was kind of what I did to keep myself entertained. I grew up around a lot of music and saw quite a lot of bands and artists growing up, I don't think there was any particular moment that made me decide to create music of my own. Just a collection of experiences and things that all fell into place. I've created and produced music as a hobby, on and off for around 20 years now, but I've only just decided to pursue it properly.


Love Music : We've been hearing a lot about you, so we notice you're starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

To be honest I probably enjoy the creative side of music the most, theres much quicker and better ways to get attention than creating the type of music I do, in the way that I do it. I'm not a big fan of personal attention, I'd prefer if the songs themselves are what grabs peoples attention.


Love Music : Please tell us more about your EP " Something Else "? 

The EP is a collection of songs that I've mostly written over the past year, I had initially already written an EP, but decided those songs were better suited for an album. While I was in the middle of recording I was also going through and cleaning up a bunch of old songs I had, and made the last minute decision to add the last song which was written at least 4 years ago. The songs are about different things, I'll let the listener interpret it for themselves.


Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations?

I grew up listening to a lot of heavier music, only in the last 5 or so years I've gained an interest and appreciation of melody. It's amazing what you can do with the right chords and a great melody. As far as inspirations I'm inspired by whatever I hear and like, it doesn't matter who wrote it.


Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician ?

I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask that question, like with anything I think the answer is to just keep learning and applying what you learn, don't give up.


Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as producer & actor?

Why not aim big, everything you do kind of defines you. You can aim small and still fail, theres no harm in trying.


Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?

I wanted to perform on the late show with David Letterman, I loved that show ever since I was a kid and used to find ways to convince my dad to let me stay up and watch it. That's no longer a possibility, but I suppose wherever my music takes me.


Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I don't have a lot of hobbies outside of music, I enjoy going to the movies where you can sit down and watch without distractions, I'm also a fan of MMA. Despite the boneheaded nature of it, it's quite analytical when you get into it. I love to travel and see new places.


Love Music : What are your future plans ? Your vision for the coming years.

Theres a lot I want to do and I'd do it all if I had the time. I hope to put out a few albums, maybe write a book at some point. I think the best we can do is to just move forward.


Love Music : Are you active on social media? 

Yes you can find links to all that at www.timspriggs.com





0 comments:

Post a Comment