Tuesday 25 October 2016

Interview with King Josh - A Famous Hip Hop Artist

Born Joshua Keefe Hawkins in Denver, Co. King Josh‘s main interests are music, promotion and production. Joshua has a goal and that is to be big around the globe and connect with all audiences. King Josh has been involved with music since he was 6 years old, mainly playing instruments such as drums, piano and organ. He has also performed at big church events, weddings and showcases. Venues include Club Vinyl, Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom, Club Roxy and The Oriental Theatre. Influences include Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Travis Scott, Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean.

Check out the interview :



Love Music : At the age of 6 you were involved with music, so please tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??
 

King Josh : 
 I'm from Denver, Colorado. It all started with performances at my grandmas programs. I would always and still do drum and freestyle daily. As i grew  older i began to treat music more like a job and not just a hobby.  I went to three high-schools CCI, LCF and graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School.

Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you, and your music as you have performed at Club Vinyl, Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom, Club Roxy and The Oriental Theatre, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?
 

King Josh :

It feels like all the hardwork is finally beginning to pay off and the fact that you guys have heard of me means that hardwork hasn't been going unnoticed.

Love Music : What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far?
 

King Josh : 

A few years ago i was nominated for Best New Artist for a local award show. I forgot who won but it was such a honor to be nominated.

Love Music : What are you working on now and where do you feel your music is headed?
 

King Josh :

I'm currently working on my mixtape entitled "$mokin x Plottin". I feel my music is headed to success and if i keep staying consistent the rest will work itself out.

Love Music : Who or what inspired you to get into this profession?
 

King Josh : 

Biggie and DMX were two key influencers in wanting to be apart of the Rap industry.

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a Rapper ?
 

King Josh : 

My kids,  when I look at them I see two people dependent on me to provide and succeed. They remind me to keep going hard and stay great because thats how they see me . I want to reflect them in the best way possible.

Love Music :  If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?
 

King Josh : 

The Pepsi Center

Love Music : What are your future plans to rapping ? Your vision for the coming years.
 

King Josh : 

To be remembered for having fun, selling out shows, making great music and last but not least signing a record deal.

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?
 

King Josh : 

Spend time with my family every chance im given, which isn't much due to how fast everything has been moving lately.

Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?
 

King Josh : 

You can follow my every move on Twitter @KingJoshLmg , Soundcloud.com/kingjoshlmg and facebook.com/kingjoshlmg . You can also follow me on Instagram- @Kingjoshlmg



0 comments:

Post a Comment