Saturday 29 October 2016

Interview with Jamie-Lee Dimes - A Critically Acclaimed Australian Musician

Love Music recently interviewed Australian musician, singer-songwriter Jamie-Lee Dimes on her upcoming Album "Liminality" which will be released in the USA November 25th.

Check out the interview :




Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??
 

Jamie-Lee : My name is Jamie-Lee, I’m an Australian musician, singer-songwriter. I am about to release my debut mini-album ‘Liminality’ and am scheduled to go on tour throughout USA starting March 2017. I grew up pursuing performing arts, auditioning from as young as eight years old. I had piano lessons from a young age, and picked up the guitar at age 17. I have trained in Jazz, contemporary, classical, theater and Italian opera vocal styles. I went to music school in Brisbane, Australia before moving to New York in 2013 to attend dance school on Broadway.

Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you, and your music , so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?
 

Jamie-Lee :  It feels good to have a lot of hard work paying off. There is so much involved behind the creative process of releasing anything that most fans don’t get to see.

Love Music : At what point did you decided to become a singer ?
 

Jamie-Lee : I’ve been entertaining people since I could mumble words as a child ha. Officially, I think my dad got over hearing me only sing in my bedroom so he enrolled me in singing lessons at the age of 15 and I’ve been doing it ever since.

Love Music : What are you working on now and where do you feel your music is headed?
 

Jamie-Lee : I have a mini-album that is being released November 25th titled ‘Liminality’ which I started writing in July 2015. It captures a very dark headspace and period of ‘transition’. I would love to continue writing music for film, and have been in the studio at mission Sounds in Williamsburg writing for the next full-length album which reflects in lighter, ambient styles.

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations?
 

Jamie-Lee : Cat Power, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Dirty Three, PJ Harvey, Zola Jesus, kim Gordon, Sonic Youth, Mazzi Star, Low, Stevie Nicks, Kurt Vile.

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a Singer & Songwriter ?
 

Jamie-Lee : Being as raw and real as possible in the studio and following my gut with what it is I am wanting to express. Allowing myself to be vulnerable and to showcase myself in a different light to everyday life.

Love Music :  If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?

Jamie-Lee : Good Question, I would have to say Madison Square Garden in New York but I’ve been attending shows at The Brisbane Entertainment Center since I was a kid, so that would feel pretty special.

Love Music : What are your future plans to singing ? Your vision for the coming years.
 

Jamie-Lee : To continue exploring my craft and experimenting with sounds, releasing more albums and collaborating with great artists.

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?
 

Jamie-Lee :  I grew up on the beaches of Australia, so my ideal day off is drinking beer or pina coladas (if you want to get fancy) on the beach with friends or traveling to new places. I am currently obsessed with Chelsea Handlers new show on Netflix, so if I need to lounge around I will usually binge watch that. I also really enjoy the freedom to drink red wine in my home whilst playing the piano and thrifting.

Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?
 

Jamie-Lee : I love Instagram, you can follow me @jamieleedimesmusic or at facebook.com/jamieleedimes from November 14th

My album ‘Liminality’ will be out November 25th for record store day with pre-order for vinyl and digital starting November 14th on http://jamieleedimes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment